Plan to Finish Someday...
"The best laid
plans of mice and men.........are about equal."
[These are now sorted into a list of
that I use in the CTT writings...hope it helps.
I have also begun filing previous years books in their own file--to shorten file access times.
I have all of
and most of
acquisitions...(and old "I brought them in from the garage"
Also, note that these books are NOT uniformly
cited in the technically-correct fashion, but only to the
extent needed to identify/find them yourself.
Note: as of Oct 2015 I will no longer be putting entries into this log for books purchased from
Logos software [list of my Oct 2015 holdings at logos6_2015OCT.pdf
,578 pages, 8600+ entries, 3.3M].
Since citations from those works will be in-full, there will be no need for abbreviations and name-anchors.
I will periodically post the purchase history somewhere
(Logos_Order_History_2020MAY29 for now),
though, as i can--so readers can see electronic resources what I find worth investing in.
What is new with the May 18/2020 update, is that several of these books were purchased with funds from
Tank support gifts, from treasures in His family (smile)!
- [HI:EEES] Elementary Education in Early Second Millenium BC Babylonia. Alhena Gadotti and Alexandra Kleinerman. Eisenbrauns:2021.
- [HI:MARS] Monotheism and the Rise of Science. J L Schellenberg. CambridgeUP:2020.
- [HI:RAHAI] The Roads and Highways of Ancient Israel. David A Dorsey. WipfStock:1991.
- [NS:astrobio] Astrobiology--The Search for Life Elsewhere in the Universe. Andrew May. IconBooks:2019.
- [NS:TCIEAD] The Compatibility of Evolution and Design. E V R Kojonen. PalgraveMacMillan:2021.
- [OT:5viewsEXODUS] Five Views on the Exodus: Historicity, Chronology, and Theological Implications. Mark Janzen (gen. ed). ZondervanAcademic:2021.
- [PH:GAM] God and Morality. Anne Jeffrey. CambridgeUP:2019.
- [PH:QCJ] The Quest for Cosmic Justice. Thomas Sowell. Touchstone:1999.
- [PS:OOU] Origins of the Universe: The Cosmic Microwave Background and the Search for Quantum Gravity. Keith Cooper. IconBooks:2020.
- [TH:MSWIE] Misreading Scripture with Individualist Eyes: Patronage, Honor, and Shame in the Biblical World. E Randolph Richards and Richard James. IVPacademic:2020.
- [TH:TIOG-GAG] The Imagination of God plus God Against Gods. Brian Godawa. WarriorPoet:2022.
- [HI:HFN] Heresy, Forgery, Novelty: Condemning, Denying, and Asserting Innovation in Ancient Judaism. Jonathan Klawans. OxfordUP:2019.
- [HI:OHAL] Oxford Handbook of the Archaeology of the Levant: c8000-332 BCE. Margreet Steiner and Ann Killebrew (eds). OxfordUP:2014 [Kindle]
- [HI:TROR1] The Riddle of Resurrection: Dying and Rising Gods in the Ancient Near East, 1st edition. Tryggve ND Mettinger. Eisenbrauns:2013.
- [NS:AAEMOII] Animal Algorithms: Evolution and the Mysterious Origin of Ingenious Instincts. Eric Cassell. DiscoveryInstitute:2021. [Kindle]
- [NT:CWTTG] Can We Trust the Gospels? Peter J Williams. Crossway:2018.
- [NT:RDNTEEC] Rethinking the Dates of the New Testament: The Evidence for Early Composition. Jonathan Bernier. BakerAcademic:2022.
- [PH:MBA] Mama Bear Apologetics: Empowering Your Kids to Challenge Cultural Lies. Hillary Morgan Ferrer. HarvestHousePubs:2019.
- [PS:10PTEU] Ten Patterns That Explain the Universe. Brian Clegg. MITpress:2021.
- [ST:FNV] First Nations Version: An Indigenous Translation of the New Testament. (Translation Committee). IVP:2021.
- [TH:RTG] Rescuing the Gospel from the Cowboys: A Native American Expression of the Jesus Way. Richard Twiss. IVPbooks:2015.
- [TH:WDGTTGP] What Does God Think? Transgender People and the Bible. Cheryl Evans. CherylEvans:2017.
- [WR:CGLM] A Concise Guide to the Life of Muhammad: Answering Thirty Key Questions. Ayman Ibrahim. BakerAcademic:2022.
- [WR:JewsATQ] Jews and the Quran. Meir M Bar-Asher and Ehtan Rundell (trans.). PrincetonUP:2022.
- [HI:AGeo] Ancient Geography: The Discovery of the World in Classical Greece and Rome. Duane Roller. IBTauris:2015 (kindle).
- [HI:ASI2RL] A Scripture Index to Rabbinic Literature. Caleb Friedman, sr ed. HendricksonAcademic:2021.
- [HI:FOC] Fragments of Christianity--Fragmentary Witnesses to Early Christian Liturgies, Hymns, Homilies, and Prayers. Rick Brannan. AppianWay:2021.
- [HI:GeoCA] Geography in Classical Antiquity. Daniela Dueck. CambridgeUP:2012 (kindle).
- [NT:CATB] Christ and the Bible 3rd Ed. John Wenham. WipStock:2009.
- [NT:TBTTNT] The Bible, the Talmud, and the New Testament: Elijah Zvi Soloveitchik's Commentary to the Gospels. Elijah Zvi Soloveitchik. UPenn:2019 (kindle).
- [PS:BIS] Believing is Seeing--A Physicist Explains How Science Shattered His Atheism and Revealed the Necessity of Faith. Michael Guillen. TyndaleRefresh:2021.
- [REF:365LANG] Daily Scriptures--365 Readings in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. Jacob Cerone and Matthew Fisher.Eerdmans:2021.
- [REF:TJAA] The Jewish Annotated Apocrypha. Jonathan Klawans and Lawrence Wills (eds). OxfordUP:2020 (kindle).
- [TH:1YRHYMNS] The One Year Book of Hymns. Robert and Mark Brown (eds). TyndaleMomentum:2017.
- [TH:4viewsHEAVEN] Four Views on Heaven. Michael Wittmer (ed). ZondervanAcademic:2022 (kindle).
- [TH:ASG] A Simple Guide to Experience Miracles. JP Moreland. Zondervan:2021.
- [TH:MT] Miracles Today--The Supernatural Work of God in the Modern World. Craig Keener. BakerAcademic:2021.
- [WS:WOWATC] Women and Worship at Corinth: Paul’s Rhetorical Arguments in 1 Corinthians. Lucy Peppiatt. WipfStock:2015 (kindle).