Plan to Finish Someday...
"The best laid
plans of mice and men.........are about equal."
[These are now sorted into a list of
that I use in the CTT writings...hope it helps.
I have also begun filing previous years books in their own file--to shorten file access times.
I have all of
and most of
acquisitions...(and old "I brought them in from the garage"
Also, note that these books are NOT uniformly
cited in the technically-correct fashion, but only to the
extent needed to identify/find them yourself.
Note: as of Oct 2015 I will no longer be putting entries into this log for books purchased from
Logos software [list of my Oct 2015 holdings at logos6_2015OCT.pdf
,578 pages, 8600+ entries, 3.3M].
Since citations from those works will be in-full, there will be no need for abbreviations and name-anchors.
I will periodically post the purchase history somewhere
(Logos_Order_History_2020MAY29 for now),
though, as i can--so readers can see electronic resources what I find worth investing in.
What is new with the May 18/2020 update, is that several of these books were purchased with funds from
Tank support gifts, from treasures in His family (smile)!
- [HI:HFN] Heresy, Forgery, Novelty: Condemning, Denying, and Asserting Innovation in Ancient Judaism. Jonathan Klawans. OxfordUP:2019.
- [HI:OHAL] Oxford Handbook of the Archaeology of the Levant: c8000-332 BCE. Margreet Steiner and Ann Killebrew (eds). OxfordUP:2014 [Kindle]
- [HI:TROR1] The Riddle of Resurrection: Dying and Rising Gods in the Ancient Near East, 1st edition. Tryggve ND Mettinger. Eisenbrauns:2013.
- [NS:AAEMOII] Animal Algorithms: Evolution and the Mysterious Origin of Ingenious Instincts. Eric Cassell. DiscoveryInstitute:2021. [Kindle]
- [NT:CWTTG] Can We Trust the Gospels? Peter J Williams. Crossway:2018.
- [NT:RDNTEEC] Rethinking the Dates of the New Testament: The Evidence for Early Composition. Jonathan Bernier. BakerAcademic:2022.
- [PH:MBA] Mama Bear Apologetics: Empowering Your Kids to Challenge Cultural Lies. Hillary Morgan Ferrer. HarvestHousePubs:2019.
- [PS:10PTEU] Ten Patterns That Explain the Universe. Brian Clegg. MITpress:2021.
- [ST:FNV] First Nations Version: An Indigenous Translation of the New Testament. (Translation Committee). IVP:2021.
- [TH:RTG] Rescuing the Gospel from the Cowboys: A Native American Expression of the Jesus Way. Richard Twiss. IVPbooks:2015.
- [TH:WDGTTGP] What Does God Think? Transgender People and the Bible. Cheryl Evans. CherylEvans:2017.
- [WR:CGLM] A Concise Guide to the Life of Muhammad: Answering Thirty Key Questions. Ayman Ibrahim. BakerAcademic:2022.
- [WR:JewsATQ] Jews and the Quran. Meir M Bar-Asher and Ehtan Rundell (trans.). PrincetonUP:2022.
- [HI:AGeo] Ancient Geography: The Discovery of the World in Classical Greece and Rome. Duane Roller. IBTauris:2015 (kindle).
- [HI:ASI2RL] A Scripture Index to Rabbinic Literature. Caleb Friedman, sr ed. HendricksonAcademic:2021.
- [HI:FOC] Fragments of Christianity--Fragmentary Witnesses to Early Christian Liturgies, Hymns, Homilies, and Prayers. Rick Brannan. AppianWay:2021.
- [HI:GeoCA] Geography in Classical Antiquity. Daniela Dueck. CambridgeUP:2012 (kindle).
- [NT:CATB] Christ and the Bible 3rd Ed. John Wenham. WipStock:2009.
- [NT:TBTTNT] The Bible, the Talmud, and the New Testament: Elijah Zvi Soloveitchik's Commentary to the Gospels. Elijah Zvi Soloveitchik. UPenn:2019 (kindle).
- [PS:BIS] Believing is Seeing--A Physicist Explains How Science Shattered His Atheism and Revealed the Necessity of Faith. Michael Guillen. TyndaleRefresh:2021.
- [REF:365LANG] Daily Scriptures--365 Readings in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. Jacob Cerone and Matthew Fisher.Eerdmans:2021.
- [REF:TJAA] The Jewish Annotated Apocrypha. Jonathan Klawans and Lawrence Wills (eds). OxfordUP:2020 (kindle).
- [TH:1YRHYMNS] The One Year Book of Hymns. Robert and Mark Brown (eds). TyndaleMomentum:2017.
- [TH:4viewsHEAVEN] Four Views on Heaven. Michael Wittmer (ed). ZondervanAcademic:2022 (kindle).
- [TH:ASG] A Simple Guide to Experience Miracles. JP Moreland. Zondervan:2021.
- [TH:MT] Miracles Today--The Supernatural Work of God in the Modern World. Craig Keener. BakerAcademic:2021.
- [WS:WOWATC] Women and Worship at Corinth: Paul’s Rhetorical Arguments in 1 Corinthians. Lucy Peppiatt. WipfStock:2015 (kindle).
[These include a large number of trauma/therapy books I bought in early 2021, which I had not planned on entering into this book list fully.
But some might be useful or of interest to others, so they are now in here, with the CST prefix.]
- [CST:101T] 101 Trauma-Informed Interventions: Activities, Exercises and Assignments to Move the Client and Therapy Forward. Linda Curran. PremierPublishing:2013.
- [CST:ACEIP] Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents. Lindsay Gibson. NewHarbingerPubs:2015.
- [CST:CPTSDFS2T] Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving: A Guide and Map for Recovering from Childhood Trauma. Pete Walker. CreateSpaceIndependent:2013.
- [CST:CPTSDWB] The Complex PTSD Workbook: A Mind-Body Approach to Regaining Emotional Control and Becoming Whole. Arielle Schwartz. AltheaPress:2017.
- [CST:EIP] Emotionally Immature Parents: A Healing Guide to Overcome Childhood Emotional Neglect due to Absent and Self Involved Parents. Karen Hart. IndependentlyPubd:2020.
- [CST:EMDR3] Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Third Edition: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures Third Edition. Francine Shapiro. GuilfordPress:2017.
- [CST:EMDRSP] Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)Therapy Scripted Protocols and Summary Sheets: Treating Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, and Mood-Related Conditions. Marilyn Luber (ed). Springer:2015.
- [CST:ETPTSD] Effective Treatments for PTSD, Third Edition: Practice Guidelines from the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies Third Edition. D Forbes, J Bisson, CM Monson and L Berliner (eds). GuilfordPress:2020.
- [CST:FQJPM] Finding Quiet: My Story of Overcoming Anxiety and the Practices that Brought Peace. JP Moreland. Zondervan:2019.
- [CST:GPCB] Getting Past Childhood Bullying: How Adults Can Recover From Trauma That Began at School. Stacey Miller. BPTpress:2018.
- [CST:HFSTS] Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation. Janina Fisher. Routledge:2017.
- [CST:HTU] Healing the Unimaginable: Treating Ritual Abuse and Mind Control. Alison Miller. Routledge:2019 (Kindle).
- [CST:IFST2] Internal Family Systems Therapy, Second Edition. Richard Schwartz and Martha Sweeney. GuilfordPress:2019.
- [CST:IFSTM] Internal Family Systems Skills Training Manual: Trauma-Informed Treatment for Anxiety, Depression, PTSD & Substance Abuse 1st Edition. F Anderson, R Schwartz, and M Sweezy. PESIpublishing:2017.
- [CST:LGSDB] Letting Go of Self-Destructive Behaviors: A Workbook of Hope and Healing. Lisa Ferentz. Routledge:2014.
- [CST:PFXE] Psychopath Free (Expanded Edition): Recovering from Emotionally Abusive Relationships With Narcissists, Sociopaths, and Other Toxic People. Jackson MacKenzie. Berkley:2015.
- [CST:PGCP] Posttraumatic Growth in Clinical Practice. Lawrence G Calhoun. Routledge:2012.
- [CST:PGTRA] Posttraumatic Growth: Theory, Research, and Applications. Tedeschi, Shakespeare-Finch, Taku, and Calhoun. Routledge:2018.
- [CST:PGWB] The Posttraumatic Growth Workbook: Coming Through Trauma Wiser, Stronger, and More Resilient. Richard Tedeschi and Bret A Moore. NewHarbingerPubs:2016.
- [CST:PSAT] POWER: Surviving and Thriving After Narcissistic Abuse: A Collection of Essays on Malignant Narcissism and Recovery from Emotional Abuse. Shahida Arabi. ThoughtCatalogBooks:2017.
- [CST:RSL] Rebuilding Shattered Lives: Treating Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders 2nd Edition. James A Chu. Wiley:2011.
- [CST:SATHOG] Suffering and the Heart of God--How Trauma Destroys and Christ Restores. Diane Langberg. NewGrowthPress:2015.
- [CST:TASCEAN] Treating Adult Survivors of Childhood Emotional Abuse and Neglect: Component-Based Psychotherapy. EK Hopper, FK Grossman, J Spinazzola, et. Al. GuilfordPress:2018.
- [CST:TBKS] The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma. Bessel van der Kolk. Viking:2014.
- [CST:TCTSDA2] Treating Complex Traumatic Stress Disorders in Adults, Second Edition: Scientific Foundations and Therapeutic Models. Julian Ford and Christine Courtois (eds). GuilfordPress:2020.
- [CST:TSCA] Treating Survivors of Childhood Abuse and Interpersonal Trauma, Second Edition: STAIR Narrative Therapy. M Cloitre, LR Cohen, MK Ortigo et. Al. GuilfordPress:2020.
- [CST:TSDB] Treating Self-Destructive Behaviors in Trauma Survivors: A Clinician’s Guide 2nd Edition. Lisa Ferentz. Routledge:2014.
- [CST:TTCC] Treating Trauma in Christian Counseling. HD Gingrich and FC Gingrich (eds). IVPacademic:2017.
- [CST:TTLLT] Transforming The Living Legacy of Trauma: A Workbook for Survivors and Therapists. Janina Fisher. PESIpublishing:2021.
- [CST:TTT] Taming the Tiger: How to Heal Your Past with EMDR Therapy. Mark Odland. IndependentlyPubD:2019.
- [CST:UnVox] In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness. Peter A Levine. NorthAtlanticBooks:2010.
- [CST:WIEBGE] Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers. Karyl McBride. Atria Books/ReprintED:2009.
- [HI:APOESO] Apocryphal and Esoteric Sources in the Development of Christianity and Judaism--The Eastern Mediterranean, the Near East, and Beyond. Igor Dorfmann-Lazarev (ed). Brill:2021.
- [HI:BAS] Bullies and Saints: An Honest Look at the Good and Evil of Christian History. John Dickson. Zondervan:2021 (Kindle).
- [HI:FTWOMS] From the Workshop of the Mesopotamian Scribe--Literary and Scholarly Texts from the Old Babylonian Period. Jacob Klein and Yitzchak Sefati. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [OT:MITF] Messiah in the Feasts of Israel, Revised Edition. Sam Nadler. WordOfMessiahMinistries:2010.
- [OT:OTUOT] Old Testament Use of Old Testament: A Book-by-Book Guide. Gary Edward Schnittjer. Zondervan:2021.
- [PH:2DOZEN] Two Dozen (or So) Arguments for God--the Plantinga Project. Jerry Walls and Trent Dougherty (eds). OxfordUP:2018.
- [PH:JOP] Jesus Our Philosopher--The Mechanics of Our Conversations. Zanele Arlington Jiane. ISBN-9781716108976:2021.
- [PS:DMADE] Dark Matter and Dark Energy: The Hidden 95% of the Universe. Brian Clegg. IconBooks:2019 (Kindle).
- [PS:F10K] Fundamentals--Ten Keys to Reality. Frank Wilczek. Penguin:2021.
- [REF:GWT] GOD'S WORD Translation: The Bible in Clear, Natural English. Various. GWNmissionSOC: 2017.
- [TH:2viewsHELL] Two Views of Hell: A Biblical & Theological Dialogue. EW Fudge and RA Peterson. IVPacademic:2000 (Kindle)
- [TH:4viewsHELL2nd] Four Views on Hell: Second Edition. P Sprinkle, D Burk, JG StackhouseJR, R Perry, and J Walls (eds). ZondervanAcademic:2016 (Kindle).
- [TH:ACP] A Consuming Passion: Essays on Hell and Immortality in Honor of Edward Fudge. CM Date and Ron Highfield. WipfStock:2015 (Kindle).
- [TH:ACRGP] Against Calvinism: Rescuing God's Reputation from Radical Reformed Theology. Roger Olson. ZondervanAcademic:2011 (Kindle).
- [TH:ATDP] Abandonment to Divine Providence. Jean Pierre de Caussade (attibuted). UNK:pre1751.
- [TH:GSAOR] God's Sovereignty and Our Responsibility: His Heart for All Men. Pamela Gourley. PlainFocusBooks:2016 (Kindle).
- [TH:IQOTHA] In Quest of The Historical Adam: A Biblical and Scientific Exploration. Eerdmans:2021.
- [TH:POI] Person of Interest: Why Jesus Still Matters in a World that Rejects the Bible. J Warner Wallace. Zondervan:2021 (Kindle).
- [TH:RHREC] Rethinking Hell: Readings in Evangelical Conditionalism. C Date, GG Stump, JW Anderson, and JG StackhouseJR (eds). WipfStock:2014 (Kindle).
- [TH:WDSB] When Did Sin Begin? Human Evolution and The Doctrine of Original Sin. Loren Haarsma. BakerAcademic:2021.
- [TH:WHYTRUST] Why I Trust the Bible--Answers to Real Questions and Doubts People Have about the Bible. William Mounce. Zondervan:2021.
- [WR:TQWCC] The Quran with Christian Commentary: A Guide to Understanding the Scripture of Islam. Gordon Nickel and JD Woodbury (ed) and AJ Droge (trans). ZondervanAcademic:2020.
- [NT:JATFOD] Jesus and the Forces of Death: The Gospels Portrayal of Ritual Impurity within First-Century Judaism. Matthew Thiessen. BakerAcademic:2020.
- [NT:POTC] Passions of the Christ: The Emotional Life of Jesus in the Gospels. F Scott Spencer. BakerAcademic:2021.
- [OT:GMIOT] God's Messiah in the Old Testament: Expectations of a Coming King. Andrew T Abernathy and Gregory Goswell. BakerAcademic:2020.
- [TH:AUG] An Unconventional God: The Spirit according to Jesus. Jack Levinson. BakerAcademic:2020.
- [TH:DIS1] Disability: Living Into the the Diversity of Christ's Body. Brian Brock. BakerAcademic:2021.
- [TH:MSAC] Marriage, Scripture, and the Church: Theological Discernment on the Question of Same-Sex Union. Darrin W. Snyder Belousek. BakerAcademic:2021.
- [TH:NTDB] Negotiating the Disabled Body: Representations of Disability in Early Christian Texts. Anna Rebecca Solevag. SBL:2018.
- [TH:TBAD] The Bible and Disability: A Commentary. S Melcher, M Parsons, A Yong (eds). BaylorUP:2017.
- [TH:TFOL] The Father of Lights: A Theology of Beauty. Junius Johnson. BakerAcademic:2020.
- [WS:TMOBW] The Making of Biblical Womanhood: How the Subjugation of Women Became Gospel Truth. Beth Allison Barr. Brazos:2021.
- [WS:TMOWNT] The Ministry of Women in the New Testament: Reclaiming the Biblical Vision for Church Leadership. Dorothy A Lee. BakerAcademic:2021.
- [HI:AFT] A Fatal Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum--Murder in Ancient Rome. Emma Southon. AbramsPress:2021.
- [HI:ATRO100] Atrocities--The 100 Deadliest Episodes in Human History. Matthew White and Steven Pinker. WWNorton:2011 (kindle).
- [HI:IW] Infant Weeping in Akkadian, Hebtew, and Greek Literature. David A Bosworth. Eisenbrauns:2016.
- [HI:TFAHOC] The Faith: A History of Christianity. Brian Moynahan. Image:2007 (kindle).
- [HI:TOT] Times of Transition--Judea in the Early Hellenistic Period. Sylvi Honigman, Christophe Nihan, and Oded Lipschits (eds). Eisenbrauns:2021.
- [NS:GBD] The Grand Biocentric Design--How Life Creates Reality. Robert Lanza, Matej Pavsic and Bob Berman. BenBellaBooks:2020.
- [NS:ROTGH] Return of the God Hypothesis. Stephen C Meyer. HarperOne:2021.
- [NS:URM] Understanding Research Methods--An Overview of the Essentials (10th ed.). Mildred Patten and Michelle Newhart. Routledge:2018.
- [OT:FIDOG] First Isaiah and the Disappearance of the Gods. Matthew J Lynch. Eisenbrauns:2021.
- [PH:ADOP] A Defense of Poetry Against the Mathematicians--Collected Works. Andrew Nightingale.TrialByFire:2019.
- [PS:NAVSI] Nothing--A Very Short Introduction. Frank Close. OxfordUP:2009.
- [TH:AS] The Acceptable Sin: Confronting the Cultural Imperitive of Homosexuality and the 21st Century Church (revised and expanded). William Huckaby. RedemptionPress:2021 (kindle).
- [TH:FU] Faith Unraveled. Rachel Held Evans. Zondervan:2010.
- [TH:GATGC] God and the Gay Christian--The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships. Matthew Vines. ConvergentBooks:2014 (kindle).
- [TH:HCL] Hindi Christian Literature in Contemporary India. Rakesh Peter-Dass. Routledge:2019 (kindle).
- [TH:SOE] Stewards of Eden--What Scripture Says about the Environment and Why It Matters. Sandra L Richter. IVP:2020. [Awesome book...]
- [TH:TEG] The Entangled God: Divine Relationality and Quantum Physics. Kirk Wegter-McNelly. Routledge:2012 (kindle).
- [CS:RTSS] Restoring the Shattered Self--A Christian Counselors Guide to Complex Trauma. Heather Davediuk Gingrich. IVPacademic:2013.
- [CS:TAR] Trauma and Recovery--The Aftermath of Violence--From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror with a New Epilogue by the author. Judith Herman. Basic Books:1992/1997/2015.
- [CS;FOLI] The Feeling of Life Itself--Why Consciousness is Widespread but Can't be Computed. Christof Koch. MITpress:2019.
- [HI:BT] Beyond Tenebrae--Christian Humanism in the Twilight of the West. Bradley Birzer. AngelicoPress:2019.
- [HI:DESEC] The Desecularization of the World--Resurgent Religion and World Politics. Peter Berger (ed). Eerdmans:1999.
- [HI:EIAW] Ethnicity in the Ancient World--Did it Matter? Erich Gruen. DeGruyter:2020.
- [HI:HOGG] A Handbook of Gods and Goddesses of the Ancient Near East. Douglas Frayne and Johanna Stuckey. Eisenbrauns:2021.
- [HI:PASANE] Private and State in the Ancient Near East. R De Boer and JG Dercksen (eds). Eisenbrauns:2017.
- [HI:UPRH] Usages of the Past in Roman Historiography. Aske Poulsen and Arne Jonsson (eds). Brill:2021.
- [NS:CYG] Change Your Genes--Change Your Life. Kenneth Pelletier. OriginPress:2018.
- [NS:DOMEST] Domesticated--Evolution in a Man-Made World. Richard Francis. WWNorton:2015.
- [NS:EHESOG] Epigenetics--How Environment Shapes Our Genes. Richard Francis. WWNorton:2011.
- [NS:EIDNUT] Evolution & Intelligent Design in a Nutshell. 5 authors - Lo, Chien, Anderson, Alston, Waltzer. DiscoveryInstitutePress:2020.
- [NS:OOL] Origins of Life--Biblical and Evolutionary Models Face Off. Fazale Rana and Hugh Ross. ReasonsToBelieve:2014.
- [NS:TMOLO] The Mystery of Life's Origin--the Continuing Controversy. 9 Authors. DiscoveryInstitutePress:2020.
- [NS:TSOG] The Science of God--The Convergence of Scientific and Biblical Wisdom with a new preface. Gerald Schroeder. Simon&Schuster:1997/2008.
- [NS:TUD] The Unintelligent Designer--Refuting the Intelligent Design Hoax. Rosa Rubicondior. UNK:2018.
- [NT:ACI2NT] A Critical Introduction to the New Testament -- Interpreting the Message and Meaning of Jesus Christ. Carl R Holladay.AbingdonPress:2005.
- [NT:GAL] Gentle and Lowly--The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers. Dana Ortlund. Crossway:2020.
- [PH:GSARD] God, Science, and Religious Diversity--A Defense of Theism. Robert Lehe. Cascade:2018.
- [PS:STESD] Shattering the Empty Space Delusion--Why the Universe is 4-dimensional. Dennis Morris. Abane&Right:2020.
- [PS:TSP] The Stubbornly Persistent--Melting the Frozen River of Spacetime. Anderthal Kord. UNK:2018.
- [TH:BTHX] Breaking the Hex--Life with God after the Cross Killed Religion. The Fields Brothers.BrokenEggPress:2017.
- [WR:HTBBC] Has the Bible Been Changed? The Reliability of the Scriptures according to Jewish, Christian, and Islamic Sources. Dan Wickwire. AnekoPress:2016.
- [WR:RRO] Refuting Rabbinic Objections to Christianity and Messianic Prophecies. Eitan Bar. OneForIsraelMinistry:2019.
- [WR:TOP15QISLM] Top 15 Tough Questions on Islam. Ahmed Lotfy Rashed. CommonWordPub:2020.
- [WR:WYNR] Will You Not Reason--A Concordance of God's Arguments in the Quran. Said Mirza. MenOfGodPub:2019.
I thought it might be good to point out a couple of books of possible interest to readers.
In western secular culture, there is a fairly vocal sub-segment manifesting 'unjustified arrogance'. They seem to delight in pointing to
the numerous failures of 'the christian religion',
some of which would reasonably be called 'atrocities' and others 'intellectual disasters'. Of course, it is also easy to
find/point out the moral and intellectual failures of individual Christians (but -- to be honest -- in the back of my mind
is always John 8 ... 'he who among you is without sin...').
But -- as many have pointed out -- the very values that this subgroup uses to judge these events/people are in most cases BORROWED VALUES from
'core' Christian ethics. There was no real ethic of 'love for the poor' or 'love for you enemies' in the ancient world!
Really... Roman patronage--for just one example-- was about "How Good You Looked"...
But aside from such an obvious disemboweling of their 'holier than thou' position, I find that position to be either
woefully ignorant of history or shamefully hypocritcal in their selective use of this data.
The benefits of Christ's teachings and sub-surface spiritual work on humans (and the precursor in the Abrahamic faith) have been transformative and unique
I draw your attention to just some of the credible work (some by Christians but some less-so) out there on this--to hopefully fill out YOUR UNDERSTANDING and ASSESSMENT of our tradition.
- [HI:DMN] The Dragon, the Mountain, and the Nations-An Old Testament Myth, Its Origins, and Its Afterlives. Robert Miller II. Eisenbrauns:2018.
- [HI:DOM] Dominion--How the Christian Revolution Remade the World. Tom Holland. BasicBooks:2019.
- [HI:RIEC] Rituals in Early Christianity--New Perspectives on Tradition and Transformation. Nienke Vos and Albert Geljon (eds). Brill:2021.
- [HI:SEISP] Scribal Education in the Sargonic Period. Nicholas Kraus. Brill:2021.
- [HI:STIAI] Scribal Tools in Ancient Israel--A Study of Biblical Hebrew Terms for Writing Materials and Implements. Philip Zhakevich. Eisenbrauns:2020.
- [HI:TCS4] The Context of Scripture vol 4 Supplements. K Lawson Younger Jr. Brill:2017.
- [HI:UR21] Ur in the Twenty-First Century CE. Frame, Jeffers, and Pittman (eds). Eisenbrauns:2021.
- [HI:VIAC] Violence in Ancient Christianity--Victims and Perpetrators. Albert Geljon and Riemer Roukema (eds). Brill:2014.
- [HI:WAWRE] Woman and War in Roman Epic. Elina Pyy. Brill:2021.
- [NS:FM] Fossil Men--The Quest for the Oldest Skeleton and the Origins of Humankind. Kermit Pattison. HarperCollins:2020.
- [NS:ICS] An Introduction to Complex Systems--Society, Ecology, and Nonlinear Dynamics. Paul Fieguth. Springer:2017.
- [NS:MFD] A Mousetrap for Darwin: Michael J Behe Answers His Critics. DiscoveryInstitutePress:2020.
- [NT:GAMEN] The Gospel of Matthew as Episodic Narrative. Cilliers Breytenbach. Brill:2021.
- [PH:CARM] Christianity and the Roots of Morality--Philosophical, Early Christian, and Empirical Perspectives. Luomanen, Pessi, and Pyysiainen (eds). Brill:2017.
- [TH:TG] Trusting God--The Joseph story from Servant to Master. My younger brother Chris Miller!. OtherChris:2020.
- [WR:WIANB] Why I am Not a Buddhist. Evan Thompson. YaleUP:2020.
There are no reasons to be dismissive or dishonest here--for either sides of the argument--but there ARE ETHICAL ISSUES involved
in how one uses or ignores the data of history.
There are still massive issues in the organized 'expression' of the life of God (and even more so in the 'appropriation' of our LANGUAGE for oppression and manipulation by elites),
but this doesnt stop me from giving thanks when i reach for a box of medical gauze and it has a red cross as part of the brand...
Just my thoughts...
- Dominion--How the Christian Revolution Remade the World. Tom Holland. BasicBooks:2019.
- What Has Christianity Ever Done for Us: How it Shaped the Modern World. Jonathan Hill. IVP:2005.
- The Rise of Christianity: A Sociologist Reconsiders History, Rodney Stark, Princeton: 1996.
- God Created Humanism: The Christian Basis of Secular Culture. Theo Hobson. SPCK:2017.
- (and 1 specifically on Jesus):Too Good to Be False: How Jesus Incomparable Character Reveals His Reality. Tom Gilson. DeWard:2020.
- [CS:YANYB] You are Not Your Brain: The 4-Step Solution. Jeffrey Schwartz and Rebecca Gladding. PenguinAvery:2011.
- [HI:CIMW] Crucifixion in the Mediterranean World, 2nd Ed. John Granger Cook. MohrSiebeck:2019.
- [HI:CTI2CR] Christian Teachers in Second-Century Rome: Schools and Students in the Ancient City. H Gregory Snyder (ed). Brill:2020.
- [HI:EOBABLR] Essays on Babylonian and Biblical Literature and Religion. I Tzvi Abush. Brill:2020.
- [HI:JATCH] Jesus and the Constraints of History: Bampton Lectures 1980, A. E. Harvey, Duckworth:1982 (purchased copy of X:JATCH).
- [HI:MACIGRA] Monotheism and Christology in Greco-Roman Antiquity. Matthew V Novenson (ed). Brill:2020.
- [HI:TAIHJ] Theios Aner in Hellenistic Judaism: A Critique of the Use of This Category in New Testament Christology. Carl R Holladay. SBL:1977.
- [HI:TIOT] The Interpretation of the Old Testament in Greco-Roman Paganism. John Granger Cook. MohrSiebeck:2004.
- [NS:ICA2] Introducing Cultural Anthropology: A Christian Perspective, 2nd ed. Brian M Howell and Jenell Williams Paris. BakerAcademic:2019.
- [NT:JSOTGP6] Gospel Perspectives: The Miracles of Jesus, Vol 6. David Wenham and Craig Blomberg (eds.). JSOTpress:1986 (purchased copy of X02:JSOTGP6).
- [NT:TGTBF] Too Good to Be False: How Jesus Incomparable Character Reveals His Reality. Tom Gilson. DeWard:2020.
- [PH:PSDA] Philosophy, Science and Divine Action. F LeRon Shults, Nancey Murphy and Robert John Russell (eds). Brill:2009.
- [TH:1BLOOD] One Blood--Parting Words to the Church on Race and Love. John Perkins with Karen Waddles. Moody:2018.
- [TH:AG] Another Gospel? A lifelong Christian seeks truth in response to progressive Christianity. Alisa Childers. TyndaleMomentum:2020.
- [TH:DF] Demonic Foes: My 25 years as a psychiatrist investigating possessions, diabolic attacks, and the paranormal. Richard Gallagher MD. HarperOne:2020.
- [TH:JF] Just Faith--Reclaiming Progressive Christianity. Guthrie Graves-Fitzsimmons. Broadleaf:2020.
- [TH:PROV] Providence: A Biblical, Historical, and Theological Account. Mark W Elliott. BakerAcademic:2020.
- [TH:TCB] The Cosmic Breath: Spirit and Nature in the Christianity-Buddhism-Science Trialogue. Amos Yong. Brill:2012.
- [HI:HOHW] Harlot or Holy Woman? A Study of Hebrew Qedesah. Phyllis Bird. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [HI:RATC] Roman Attitudes Towards the Christians--From Claudius to Hadrian. John Granger Cook. MohrSiebeck:2010. (Only PDF available)
- [NS:B1STL] Biologys First Law--The Tendency for Diversity and Complexity to Increase in Evolutionary Systems. Daniel McShea and Robert Brandon. 2010.
- [NS:CE_ISXES] Cambridge Elements--Inheritance Systems and the Extended Evolutionary Synthesis. Eva Jablonka and Marion Lamb. CambridgeUP:2020.
- [NS:CE_M23RDS] Cambridge Elements--The Missing Two-Thirds of Evolutionary Theory. Robert Brandon and Daniel McShea. CambridgeUP:2020.
- [NS:CE_MIMB] Cambridge Elements--Mechanisms in Molecular Biology. Tudor M Baetu. CambridgeUP:2019.
- [NS:CE_POI] Cambridge Elements--Philosophy of Immunology. Thomas Pradeu. CambridgeUP:2019.
- [NS:CE_RAM] Cambridge Elements--Reduction and Mechanism. Alex Rosenber. CambridgeUP:2020.
- [NS:CE_TDA] Cambridge Elements--The Design Argument. Elliott Sober. CambridgeUP:2019.
- [NS:CE_TROM] Cambridge Elements--The Role of Mathematics in Evolutionary Theory. Jun Otsuka. CambridgeUP:2019.
- [NS:FM2L] From Matter to Life--Information and Causality. Sara Walker, Paul Davies and George Ellis (eds). CambridgeUP:2017.
- [NS:GAAQT] Genetics and Analysis of Quantitative Traits. Michael Lynch and Bruce Walsh. SinauerAsso:1998. [I already had the follow-on 2nd in the trilogy.]
- [NS:RWII] Religion: What It Is, How It Works, and Why It Matters. Christian Smith. PrincetonUP:2017 (kindle).
- [NS:SBAS] Science, Belief and Society: International Perspectives on Religion, Non-Religion and the Public Understanding of Science. Rebatta Catto, Stephen Jones and Tom Kaden (eds). BristolUP:2019. (kindle).
- [NS:TDITM] The Demon in the Machine --How hidden webs of information are solving the mystery of life. Paul Davies. Penguin:2019.
- [NS:TMOC] The Miracle of the Cell. Michael Denton. DiscoveryInstitute:2020.
- [OT:JTJ] Judging the Judges--A Narrative Appraisal Analysis. Mary L Conway. Eisenbrauns:2020.
- [OT:TOJX] A Theology of Justice in Exodus. Nathan Bills. Eisenbrauns:2020.
- [PH:CE_AAA] Cambridge Elements--Atheism and Agnosticism. Graham Oppy. CambridgeUP:2018.
- [PH:CE_COE2R] Cambridge Elements--The Challenge of Evolution to Religion. Johan De Smedt and Helen De Cruz. CambridgeUP:2020.
- [PH:CE_GSML] Cambridge Elements--God, Soul and the Meaning of Life. Thaddeus Metz. CambridgeUP:2019.
- [PH:CE_MACA] Cambridge Elements--Monotheism and Contemporary Atheism. Michael Ruse. CambridgeUP:2019.
- [PS:ITOCS] Introduction to The Theory of Complex Systems. Stefan Thurner, Rudolf Hanel and Peter Klimek. OxfordUP:2018.
- [WR:2NDCAN] The Second Canonization of the Quran (324/936)--Ibn Mujahid and the Founding of the Seven Readings. Shady Nasser. Brill:2021.
- [WR:CE_BAM] Cambridge Elements--Buddhism and Monotheism. Peter Harvey. CambridgeUP:2020.
- [WR:CE_HM] Cambridge Elements--Hindu Monotheism. Gavin Flood. CambridgeUP:2020.
- [WR:CE_MARD] Cambridge Elements--Monotheism and Religious Diversity. Roger Trigg. CambridgeUP:2020.
- [WR:CE_MHIG] Cambridge Elements--Monotheism and Hope in God. William Wainwright. CambridgeUP:2020.
- [WR:EIHT] Essays in Hindu Theology. Anantanand Rambachan. Fortress:2019, also in Kindle,
- [CS:AOTS] Anatomy of the Soul: Surprising Connections between neuroscience and spiritual practices. Curt Thompson. Tyndale:2010.
- [HI:JATM] Jesus and the Manuscripts: What we can learn from the Oldest Texts. Craig Evans. HendricksonAcademic:2020.
- [HI:MBTICC] Middle Babylonian Texts in the Cornell Collection, Part 2 The Earlier Kings. Elena Devecchi. Eisenbrauns:2020.
- [NS:HORAH] Handbook of Religion and Health, 2nd Ed. Harold Koenig, Dana King, and Verna Benner Carson. OxfordUP:2012.
- [NS:RAMH] Religion and Mental Health: Research and Clinical Applications. Harold G Koenig. ElsevierAcademic:2018.
- [NS:SAHR] Spirituality and Health Research: Methods, Measurement, Statistics and Resources. Harold G Koenig. Templeton:2011.
- [OT:RCX] Reconsidering Creation Ex Nihilo in Genesis I. Nathan J Chambers. Eisenbrauns:2020.
- [PS:AL] Atom Land: A Guided Tour Through the Strange World of Particle Physics. Jon Butterworth. TheExperiment:2018.
- [TH:GM] George MacDonald. C S Lewis. HarperOne:1946/1973.
- [TH:TF] Toxic Faith: Experiencing Healing from Painful Spiritual Abuse. Stephen Arterburn and Jack Felton. WaterbrookPress:2001.
- [TH:WGWAY] When God Winks At You: How God Speaks Directly to You Through the Power of Coincidence. Squire Rushnell. ThomasNelson:2006.
- [WR:HTDE] The Hindu Temple--Deification of Eroticism. Alain Danielou. InnerTraditions:2001.
- [WR:MAGI] The Myths and Gods of India: The Classic work on Hindu Polytheism. Alain Danielou. BolligenFoundation-InnerTraditions: 1964,1991.
- [WR:RIHH] Religion in Hip Hop: Mapping the New Terrain in the US. MONICA MILLER, ANTHONY PINN AND BERNARD “BUN B” FREEMAN, eds. BloomsburyPublishing(Kindle): 2015.
- [WR:SS] Sacred Sound: Experiencing Music in World Religions: Guy L Beck ed. WilfridLaurierUP:2006.
- [WR:TVRQ] The Transmission of the Variant Readings of the Quran: The Problem of Tawatur and the Emergence of Shawadhdh. Shady Hekmat Nasser. Brill:2013.
- [HI:MAM] Marriage and Matrimonial Property in Ancient Egypt--A Contribution to Establishing the Legal Position of the Woman. P W Pestman. Brill:1961 (ebook).
- [HI:NAE] The Standard Babylonian Myth of Nergal and Ereskigal. Simon Ponchia and Mikko Luukko. NeoAssyrianTextCorpusProject:2013.
- [HI:POOR] The Tale of the Poor Man of Nippur. Baruch Ottervanger with Yigal Block. NeoAssyrianTextCorpusProject:2016.
- [HI:SRIA] Selected Royal Inscriptions of Assurbanipal. Jamie Novotny. NeoAssyrianTextCorpusProject:2014.
- [HI:TAMSW] The Ancient Mediterranean World--a Sourcebook. Zeba A Crook(ed). Eerdmans:2020.
- [HI:TAWS] The Anti-Witchcraft Series MAQLU--A Student Edition and Selected Commentary. Tzvi Abusch. NeoAssyrianTextCorpusProject.2015.
- [HI:TCFBA] The Case for Biblical Archeaology--Uncovering the Historical Record of God's Old Testament People. John Currid. R&Rpub:2020.
- [HI:TVOR] The Victory of Reason: How Christianity Led to Freedom, Capitalism, and Western Success. Rodney Stark. RandomHouse:2006 (Kindle).
- [HI:UTB] Unearthing the Bible: 101 Archaeological Discoveries that Bring the Bible to Life. Titus Kennedy. HarvestHouse:2020.
- [NT:NTIA] The New Testament in Antiquity: A Survey of the New Testament within its Cultural Contexts (2nd ed). Gary M Burge and Gene L Green. ZondervanAcademic:2020.
- [NT:STNTI] Studying the New Testament through Inscriptions--An Introduction. D Clint Burnett. HendricksonAcademic:2020.
- [OT:SOS] Shades of Sheol--Death and Afterlife in the Old Testament. Philip S Johnston. IVPacademic:2002.
- [OT:TMVP] The Messianic Vision of the Pentateuch. Kevin S Chen. IVPacademic:2019.
- [TH:MD] Mere Discipleship--Growing in Wisdom and Hope. Alister E McGrath. BakerBooks:2018.
- [TH:MIRAC] Miraculous: A Fascinating History of Signs, Wonders, and Miracles. Kevin Belmonte. ThomasNelson:2012.
- [TH:WVD] Word Versus Deed: Resetting the Scales to a Biblical Basis. Duane Litfin. Crossway:2012.
- [WR:JATQ] Jesus and the Quran: Jesus Christ is Above All. Sekou Sowary. WestbowPress:2019.
- [WR:SAFJ] Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus--A Devot Muslim Encounters Christianity (3rd ed.). Nabeel Qureshi. Zondervan:2018.
- [WR:UV] Unveiled: The Bible, The Qur'an, and Women. Esther Ahmad with J Chester. HarvestHouse:2020.
- [HI:AEF] "An Excellent Fortress for His Armies, a Refuge for the People"--Egyptological, Archaeological, and Biblical Studies in Honor of James K Hoffmeier. Richard Averbeck and K Lawson Younger Jr (eds). Eisenbrauns:2020.
- [HI:FICAHG] Families in Classical and Hellenistic Greece--Representations and Realities. Sarah B Pomeroy. OUP:1997.
- [HI:LCMAM2] Law Collections from Mesopotamia and Asia Minor, 2nd Ed. Martha T Roth. Scholars Press:1997.
- [HI:NENAHL5] The New Encyclopedia of Archaeological Excavations in the Holy Land Volume 5. Ephraim Stern (ed). IsraelExplorationSociety:2008.
- [HI:NHIS] New Horizons in the Study of the Early Bronze III and Early Bronze IV of the Levant.Suzanne Richard (ed). Eisenbrauns:2020.
- [HI:U3T] UR III Texts in the Schoyen Collection. Jacob Dahl. Eisenbrauns:2020.
- [NS:SAR] Some Assembly Required--Decoding Four Billion Years of Life, from Ancient Fossils to DNA. Neil Shubin. PantheonBooks:2020.
- [NS:TEOP] The Edge of Physics--A Journey to Earth's Extremes to Unlock the Secrets of the Universe. Anil Ananthaswamy. MarinerBooks:2011.
- [NS:WHNI] We Have No Idea--A Guide to the Unknown Universe. Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson. RiverheadBooks:2017.
- [OT:DIVDOP] Divine Doppelgangers--YHWHs Ancient Look-Alikes. Collin Cornell (ed). Eisenbrauns:2020.
- [WR:RDIA] Religious Diversity in Asia. Jorn Borup, MQ Fibiger, and L. Kuhle (eds). Brill:2020.
[Many of these are in prep-research for an question of spousal abuse in OT/ANE times. Also, there are quite a number
of Open Access books that I will be using and citing (in full, where used), but which are not listed in my BOOKS since I do not owne them.]
- [HI:AITAL] An Introduction to Akkadian Literature: Contexts and Content. Alan Lenzi. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [HI:CICH] Christians in Caesar's Household: The Emperor's Slaves in the Makings of Christianity. Michael Flexsenhar III. PennStateUP:2019 (Kindle).
- [NS:TGAE] The Genealogical Adam and Eve--The Surprising Science of Universal Ancestry. S Joshua Swamidass. IVP:2019.
- [WS:DVAWR] Domestic Violence an Women's Rights in Roman Egypt: The case of P. Oxy. VI.903. Katherine G Evans. TerraExpressions:2018. (kindle)
- [WS:HM] Hebrew Marriage. David R Mace. WipfStock:1953.
- [WS:JLA09MF] Physical and Sexual Violence by Husbands as a Reason for Imposing a Divorce in Jewish Law, in Jewish Law Annual Vol 9, pp145ff. Mordechai Frishtik. HarwoodAcademic:1991.
- [WS:LAGINANE] Law and Gender in the Ancient Near East and the Hebrew Bible. Ilan Peled. Routledge:2019. (kndle)
- [WS:MAAC] Marriage as a Covenant--Biblical Law and Ethics as Developed from Malachi. Gordon P Hugenberger. WipfStock:1994.
- [WS:MWFF] Midrashic Women: Formations of the Feminine in Rabbinic Literature. Judith R Baskin. BrandeisUP:2015. (kindle)
- [WS:ROWIWAS] The Role of Women in Work and Society in the Ancient Near East (Studies in Ancient Near Eastern Records, Brigitte Lion and Cecile Michel (eds). DeGruyter:2016. (kindle)
- [WS:SID] Silence is Deadly--Judaism Confronts Wifebeating. Naomi Graetz. JasonAronson:1998.
- [WS:UTG] Unlocking the Garden: A Feminist Jewish Look at the Bible, Midrash and God. Naomi Graetz. Gorgias:2005.
- [HI:ATNT] After the New Testament: A Reader in Early Christianity 100-300 CE 2nd ED. Bart Ehrman. OxfordUP:2015.
- [HI:FAHR] Family and Household Religion: Toward a Synthesis of Old Testament Studies, Archaeology, Epigraphy, and Cultural Studies. R Albertz, B A Nakhai, S M Olyan and Rudiger Schmitt (eds). Eisenbrauns:2014.
- [HI:FCCJI] Forced Conversion in Christianity, Judaism and Islam: Coericon and Faith in Premodern Iberia and Beyond. Mercedes Garcia-Arenal and Yonatan Glazer-Eytan (eds). Brill:2020.
- [HI:FJ2C] From Jesus to Christianity. L Michael White. HarperOne:2004.
- [HI:IPDA] Intolerance, Polemics, and Debate in Antquity: Politico-Cultural, Philosophical, and Religious Forms of Critical Conversation. George van Kooten and Jacques van Ruiten (eds). Brill:2019.
- [HI:PHOEN] Phoenicia: Episodes and Anecdotes from the Ancient Mediterranean. J Brian Peckham. Eisenbrauns:2014.
- [HI:RALHAM] Religion and Literature: History and Method. Eric Ziolkowski. Brill:2019.
- [HI:WCWJ] When Christians were Jews: The First Generation. Paula Fredriksen. YaleUP:2018.
- [NS:CAK] Centromeres and Kinetochores: Discovering the Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Chromosome Inheritance. Ben E Black (ed). Springer:2017.
- [NS:FAH] The Fool and the Heretic: How Two Scientists moved beyond Labels to a Christian Dialogue about Creation and Evolution. Todd Charles Wood and Darrel R Falk. Zondervan:2019.
- [NS:ILS] Information and Living Systems: Philosophical and Scientific Perspectives. George Terzis and Robert Arp (eds). MITpress:2011.
- [NS:PSPDC] Philosophical and Scientific Perspectives on Downward Causation. Michele Paolini Paoletti and Francesco Orilia (eds). Routledge:2017.
- [NS:WBP] A World Beyond Physics: The Emergence and Evolution of Life. Stuart Kauffman.OxfordUP:2019.
- [NT:CMHRG] Christobiography: Memory, History, and the Reliability of the Gospels. Craig Keener. Eerdmans:2019.
- [NT:GBTB] Gospels Before The Book. Matthew D C Larsen. OxfordUP:2018.
- [NT:GL] God's Library: The Archaeology of the Earliest Christian Manuscripts. Brent Nongbri. YaleUP:2018.
- [NT:MAM] Myths and Mistakes in New Testament Texual Criticism. Elijah Hixson and Peter Gurry (eds). IVPacademic:2019.
- [NT:PLPE] Pauline Language and the Pastoral Epistles: A Study of Linguistic Variation in the Corpus Paulinum. Jermo van Nes. Brill:2018.
- [NT:TMOM] The Mirror or the Mask: Liberating the Gospels from Literary Devices. Lydia McGrew. DeWard:2019.
- [OT:AKAF] A King and a Fool? The Succession Narrative as a Satire. Virginia Miller. Brill:2019.
- [PH:MTB] More Than Belief: A Materialist Theory of Religion. Manuel A Vasquez. OxfordUP:2011.
- [TH:C] Creation: Biblical Theologies in the Context of the Ancient Near East. Othmar Keel and Silvia Schroer, Peter Daniels (trans). Eisenbrauns:2015.
- [TH:CCAB] Climate Change and the Bible. D W Holdridge. ChristianFaithPublishing:2019.
- [TH:HOLR] The Handbook of Leaving Religion. Daniel Enstedt, Goran Larsson and Teemu Mantsinen (eds). Brill:2020.
- [WR:CEQM] Corrections in Early Quran Manuscripts: Twenty Examples. Daniel Alan Brubaker. ThinkAndTellPress:2019.
- [WR:TAS2N3V3] Theology and Society in the Second and Third Centuries of the Hija--Volume 3. Josef van Ess and Gwendolin Goldblum (trans). Brill:2018.
- [WR:TAS2N3V4] Theology and Society in the Second and Third Centuries of the Hija--Volume 4. Josef van Ess and Gwendolin Goldblum (trans). Brill:2019.
- [WR:WIR] Women in Religion. Mary Pat Fisher.PearsonLongman:2007.
- [HI:FOTB] Fighting Over the Bible--Jewish Interpretation, Sectarianism and Polemic from Temple to Talmud and Beyond. Isaac Kalimi. Brill:2017.
- [HI:VAP] Violence and Personhood in Ancient Israel and Comparative Contexts. TM Lemos. OxfordUP:2017.
- [NS:TCAR] The Case Against Reality -- Why Evolution Hid the Truth from Our Eyes. Donald Hoffman. WWNorton:2019.
- [NS:TE2] Transgenerational Epigenetics 2nd Ed. Trygve O Tollefsbol. Elsevier:2019.
- [TH:TASBS] That All Shall Be Saved--Heaven, Hell, and Universal Salvation. David Bentley Hart. YaleUP:2019.
- [WR:BAIEA] Buddhist Apologetics in East Asia--Countering the Neo-Confucian Critiques in the Hufa lun and the Yusok chirui non. Uri Kaplan. Brill:2019.
- [WS:RTWOB] Reading the Women of the Bible--A New Interpretation of Their Stories. Tikva Frymer-Kensky. Schocken:2002 (Kindle).
- [HI:AES] Adam and Eve Story in the Hebrew Bible and in Ancient Jewish Writings Including the New Testament. Anti Laato and Lotta Valve (eds). Eisenbrauns:2016.
- [HI:AESW] An Experienced Scribe Who Neglects Nothing: Ancient Near Eastern Studies in Honor of Jacob Klein. Sefati, Artzi, Cohen, Eichler and Hurowitz (eds). CDLpress:2005.
- [HI:BGR] Babylonia, The Gulf Region, and the Indus: Archaeological and Textual Evidence for Contact in the Third and Early Second Millennia BC. Steffen Laursen and Piotr Steinkeller. Eisenbrauns:2017.
- [HI:DJE] Documents of Judean Exiles and West Semites in Babylonia in the Collection of David Sofer. Laurie Pearce and Cornelia Wunsch. CDLpress:2014.
- [HI:EAFOS] Enemies and Friends of the State: Ancient Prophecy in Context. Christopher Rollston (ed). Eisenbrauns:2018.
- [HI:ENG2AKK] An English to Akkadian Companion to the Assyrian Dictionaries. Mark Cohen. CDLpress:2011.
- [HI:EOAJ] The Economy of Ancient Judah in its Historical Context. Marvin Miller, Ehud Ben Zvi and Gary Knoppers (eds). Eisenbrauns:2015.
- [HI:LOAAE] Life of Adam and Eve using Jewish Traditions and Confronting Gnostic Reversed Exegesis. Antti Laato and Lotta Valve (eds). PennStateUP:2019.
- [HI:MIRT] Mesopotamian Incantations and Related Texts in the Schoyen Collection. AR George. CDLpress:2016.
- [HI:NAS] Neo-Assyrian Specialists: Crafts, Offices, and other Professional Designations. Heather Baker. NeoAssyrianTextCorpusProject:2017.
- [HI:NTOSL] New Treasures of Sumerian Literature: When the Moon Fell From the Sky and Other Works. Mark E Cohen. CDLpress:2017.
- [HI:OBT] Old Babylonian Texts in the Schoyen Collecton: Part 2 - School Letters, Model Contracts, and Related Texts. AR George and Gabriella Spada. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [HI:SALD] Sumerian Administrative and Legal Documents ca 2900-2200 BC in the Schoyen Collection. Vitali Bartash. CDLpress:2017.
- [HI:SK] Sacred Killing: The Archaeology of Sacrifice in the Ancient Near East. Anne Porter and Glenn Schwartz (eds). Eisenbrauns:2012.
- [HI:SLT] Sumerian Literary Texts in the Schoyen Collection, Vol 1 - Literary Sources on Old Babylonian Religion. Christopher Metcalf. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [NS:EG] Evolutionary Genetics: Concepts, Analysis, and Practice. Glenn-Peter Sætre and Mark Ravient. OxfordUP:2019.
- [NT:SOC] Signs of Continuity: The Function of Miracles in Jesus and Paul. Greg Rhodea. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [OT:CIC2] Cuneiform in Canaan: The Next Generation, 2nd Ed. Wayne Horowitz, Takayoshi Oshima, and Seth Sanders (eds). Eisenbrauns:2018.
- [OT:DADBOG] Doubling and Duplicating in the Book of Genesis: Literary and Stylistic Approaches to the Text. Elizabeth Hayes and Karolien Vermeulen (eds). Eisenbrauns:2016.
- [OT:FA2C] From Author to Copyist: Essays on the Composition, Redaction, and Transmission of the Hebrew Bible in Honor of Zipi Talshir. Cana Werman (ed). Eisenbrauns:2015.
- [OT:IOO] Images of Others: Iconic Politics in Ancient Israel. Nathaniel Levtow. Eisenbrauns:2008.
- [OT:NSL] Non-Semitic Loanwords in the Hebrew Bible: A Lexicon of Language Contact. Bejamin Noonan. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [OT:WWVG] Wrestling with the Violence of God: Soundings in the Old Testament. M Daniel Carroll R and J Blair Wilgus (eds). Eisenbrauns:2015.
- [TH:JBT] Jewish Bible Theology: Perspectives and Case Studies. Isaac Kalimi (ed). Eisenbrauns:2012.
- [TH:PTS] Piercing the Shroud: Destabilizations of Evil. Rallie Murray and Stefanie Schnitzer Mills (eds). Brill:2019.
- [TH:TLUC] The Law's Universal Condemning and Enslaving Power: Reading Paul, the Old Testament, and Second Temple Jewish Literature. Bryan Blazosky. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [TH:WITBAT] War in the Bible and Terrorism in the Twenty-First Century. Richard Hesse and Elmer Martens (eds). Eisenbrauns:2008.
- [WR:SMRACMD] Sacred Misinterpretation: Reaching Across the Christian-Muslim Divide. Martin Accad. Eerdmans:2019.
- [WS:PLWPE] The Private Lives of Women in Persian Egypt. Annalisa Azzoni. Eisenbrauns:2013.
- [HI:DOTG] Destroyer of the Gods -- Early Christian Distinctiveness in the Roman World. Larry Hurtado. BaylorUP:2016.
- [HI:ELIEC] Enslaved Leadership in Early Christianity. Katherine Shaner. OxfordUP:2018.
- [HI:TPFEC] The Patient Ferment of the Early Church--The Improbable Rise of Christainity in the Roman Empire. Alan Kreider. BakerAcademic:2016.
- [NS:LG12] Lewins Genes XII. Jocelyn Krebs, Elliott Goldstein, and Stephen Kilpatrick. JonesAndBartlettLearning:2018.
- [NT:CSINT] Class Struggle in the New Testament. Robert Miles (ed). Fortress:2019.
- [OT:TLWT] The Lost World of the Torah--Law as Covenant and Wisdom in Ancient Context. Walton and Walton. IVPacademic:2019.
- [PH:POPQT] Philosophy of Physics--Quantum Theory. Tim Maudlin. PrincetonUP:2019.
- [PH:POPSAT] Philosophy of Physics--Space and Time. Tim Maudlin. PrincetonUP:2012.
- [TH:RITU] Religion in the University. Nicholas Wolterstorff. YaleUP:2019.
- [TH:SOG] Son of God--Divine Sonship in Jewish and Christian Antiquity. Garrick Allen, Kai Akagi, Paul Sloan, and Madhavi Nevader (eds). Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [TH:TGOGAE] The Genesis of Good and Evil--The Fall(out) and Original Sin in the Bible. Mark Smith. WJK:2019.
- [CS:ARCS] Advances in Religion, Cognitive Science, and Experimental Philosophy. Helen De Cruz and Ryan Nichols (eds). BloomsburyAcademic:2016.
- [CS:BBSCRB] Born Believers: The Science of Children's Religious Belief. Justin Barrett. AtriaBooks:2012.
- [CS:TBI] The Belief Instinct: The Psychology of Souls, Destiny, and the Meaning of Life. Jesse Bering. WWNorton:2012.
- [CS:TROR] The Roots of Religion: Exploring the Cognitive Science of Religion. Justin Barrett and Roger Trigg. Routledge:2016.
- [HI:TGOT] The Gospel of Thomas: Introduction and Commentary. Simon Gathercole. Brill:2014.
- [NS:BH] Becoming Human: Innovation in Prehistoric Material and Spiritual Culture. Colin Renfrew and Iain Morley (eds). CambridgeUP:2009.
- [NS:CG] Crumbling Genome: The Impact of Deleterious Mutations on Humans. Alexey Kondrashov. WileyBlackwell:2017.
- [NS:CIE] Chance in Evolution. Grant Ramsey. UChicagoP:2016.
- [NS:DD] Darwin Devolves: The New Science about DNA that Challenges Evolution. Michael Behe. HarperOne:2019.
- [NS:DTE] Designed to Evolve: Discovering God through Modern Science. Christopher Davis. MotifPress:2015.
- [NS:EAH] Evolution's Achilles' Heels. Robert Carter. CreationBooks:2014.
- [NS:EASOQT] Evolution and Selection of Quantitative Traits. Bruce Walsh and Michael Lynch. OxfordUP:2018.
- [NS:EHNU] Extended Heredity: A New Understanding of Inheritance and Evolution. Russell Bonduriansky and Troy Day. PrincetonUP:2018.
- [NS:ENO] Epigenetics, Nuclear Organization and Gene Function--with implications of epigenetic regulation and genetic architecture for human development and health. John Lucchesi. OxfordUP:2019.
- [NS:EPOE] Epigenetic Principles of Evolution (2nd ed). Nelson Cabej. AcademicPress:2018.
- [NS:GE] Genetic Entropy (4th ed). John Sanford. FMSpubs:2015.
- [NS:MPG] Molecular Population Genetics. Matthew Hahn. OxfordUP:2019.
- [NS:SITC] Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design. Stephen Meyer. HarperOne:2009.
- [NS:TLOC] The Logic of Chance: The Nature and Origin of Biological Evolution. Eugene Koonin. FTpress:2012.
- [NS:TOOGA] The Origins of Genome Architecture. Michael Lynch. OxfordUP:2018.
- [NS:WRINASIN] Why Religion is Natural and Science is Not. Robert McCauley. OxfordUP:2011.
- [NS:WWA] Who We Are and How We Got Here: Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past. David Reich.PantheonBooks:2018.
- [NT:SHSG] Scribal Harmonizations in the Synoptic Gospels. Cambry Pardee. Brill:2019.
- [OT:THBTC3] The Hebrew Bible: A Translation with Commentary 3 vols. Robert Alter. WWNorton:2018.
- [PS:AMAP] A Mind At Play: How Claude Shannon Invented the Modern Age. Jimmy Soni and Rob Goodman. SimonSchuster:2017.
- [PS:CAGT] Complexity: A Guided Tour. Melanie Mitchell.OxfordUP:2009.
- [PS:DMP2G] Does Mathematics Point to God? Vignettes from an ex-Atheist Scientist. John Kinson. CreateSpace:2016.
- [PS:EIO] Entropy and Information Optics: Connecting Information and Time (2nd ed). Francis T S Yu. CRC Press:2017.
- [PS:ITTI] Information Theory: A Tutorial Introduction. James Stone. SebtelPress:2018.
- [PS:Sync] Sync: How Order Emerges from Chaos in the Universe, Nature, and Daily Life. Steven Strogatz. Hachette:2012.
- [TH:PUSM] Physicians Untold Stories: Miraculous experiences etc. Scott Kolbaba. CreateSpace:2016.
- [TH:TPG] Trauma Plus Grace: Theology in a Ruptured World (2nd ed). Serene Jones. WJK:2019.
- [WR:HOTA] Heirs of the Apostles: Studies on Arabic Christianity in Honor of Sidney H Griffith. Bertaina, Keating, Swanson and Treiger (eds). Brill:2019.
- [WR:PDEAG] Probing the Depths of Evil and Good: Multireligious Views and Case Studies. Jerald Gort, Henry Jansen and Hendrik Vroom (eds). Rodopi:2007.
- [WR:TQTB] The Quran and The Bible: Text and Commentary. Gabriel Said Reynolds. YaleUP:2018.
- [WR:WRAF] World Religions at Your Fingertips. Michael McDowell and Nathan Robert Brown. AlphaBooks:2009.