I Plan to Finish Someday...
laid plans of mice and men.........are about equal."
are now sorted into a list of abbreviations
that I use in the CTT writings...hope it helps. I have
also begun filing previous years books in their own file--to shorten
file access times. I have all of 2007
1999, 1998, 1997, 1996,
and most of 1995 books.
I have added a small Resources
on Christian Truth Claims, as well.]
acquisitions...(and old "I brought them in from the garage"
in RED (but
just because its not red, doesn't
mean I don/t like it--I might not have read enough of
it to know, when I posted it below)
note that these books are NOT uniformly cited in the
technically-correct fashion, but only to the extent needed to
identify/find them yourself.
- [WR:CDIIT] Christian Doctrines in Islamic Theology. David Thomas. Brill:2008.
- [PS:BAB] Boundaries and Barriers: On the Limits to Scientific Knowledge. JL Casti and Anders Karlqvist (eds). PerseusBooks:1996.
- [TH:ITBI] Is the Bible Intolerant? Amy Orr-Ewing. IVP:2005.
- [TH:IBIGI] Is Believing in God Irrational? Amy Orr-Ewing. IVP:2008.
- [HI:PES1] The Panarion of Epihanius of Salamis: Book I (Sect 1-46). Frank Williams (trans). Brill:1997.
- [HI:PATLOS] Paul and the Language of Scripture: Citation Technique in the Pauline Epistles and contemporary literature. Christopher D Stanley. CambridgeUP:1992.
- [HI:G2C] The Gospels in the Second Century—An Examination of the Critical Part of a Work Entitled 'Supernatural Religion'. William Sanday. HardPressReprint:1875.
- [WR:BBAQ] Between the Bible and the Quran: The Children of Israel and the Islamic Self-Image. Uri Rubin. Darwin:1999.
- [WR:AAI] Adaptations and Innovations: Studies on the Interaction between Jewish and Islamic Thought from the Early Middle Ages to the Late Twentieth Century, Dedicated to Professor Joel L Kraemer. Langermann and Stern (eds). Peeters/Paris-Louvain:2007.
- [WR:IDB] In Defense of the Bible: A Critical Edition and an Introduction to al-Biqai's Bible Treatise. Walid Saleh. Brill:2008.
- [WR:ASI] Arabs in the Shadow of Israel: The Unfolding of God's Prophetic Plan for Ishmael's Line. Tony Maalouf. Kregel:2003.
- [WR:BB] Building Bridges: Christianity and Islam. Fouad Elias Accad. Navpress:1997.
- [NT:LW] Living Words: The Words of Christ in Aramaic-English Interlinear Edition. Joseph Elias (ed). Elias/uPublish:2002.
- [NT:AGATT] The Aramaic Gospels and Acts: Text and Translation. Joseph Pashka (trans). Xulon:2003.
- [NT:AGAC] The Aramaic Gospels and Acts Companion: A Text Transliteration. Joseph Pashka. Xulon:2003.
- [NS:DAFSK] Divine Action in the Framework of Scientific Knowledge: From Quantum Theory to Divine Action. Christoph Lameter. ChristianityInThe21stCentury(NewarkCA):2006.
- [CS:EPC] The Emerging Physics of Consciousness. Jack Tuszynski (ed). Springer:2006.
- [CS:IM] Irreducible Mind: Toward a Psychology for the 21st Century. Kelly, Kelly, Crabtree, Gauld, Grosso and Greyson. RowmanLittlefield:2007.
- [HI:JGGE] The Johannine Gospel in Gnostic Exegesis: Heracleon's Commentary on John. Elaine Pagels. SBL:1989.
- [WR:VLRLNE] The Variety of Local Religious Life in the Near East in the Hellenistic and Roman Periods. Ted Kaizer (ed). Brill:2008.
- [NT:NDIP] Narrative Dynamics in Paul: A Critical Assessment. Bruce Longenecker (ed). WJK:2002.
- [HI:C2CCH] A Companion to Second-Century Christian 'Heretics'. Antti Marjanen and Petri Luomanen (eds). Brill:2005.
- [HI:Stars] The Stars Will Fall from Heaven: Cosmic Catastrophe in the New Testament and its World. Edward Adams. TNTClark:2007.
- [WR:SI] Scripturalist Islam: The History and Doctrinces of the Akhbari Shii School. Robert Gleave. Brill:2007.
- [WR:UCI] The Ulama in Contemporary Islam: Custodians of Change. Muhammad Qasim Zaman. Princeton:2002.
- [WR:SI2] Schooling Islam: The Cultures and Politics of Modern Muslim Education. Robert Hefner and Muhammed Qasim Zaman. Princeton:2007.
- [WR:CTAE] The Crusades through Arab Eyes. Amin Maalouf. Schocken:1984.
- [NT:PAPP] Paul and the Popular Philosophers. Abraham Malherbe. Fortress:1989.
- [PH:CWT2] Christianity and Western Thought—A History of Philosophers, Ideas & Movements (vol2), Faith and Reason in the 19th Century. Steve Wilkens and Alan Padgett. IVP:2000.
- [NT:PATS] Paul and the Stoics. Troels Engberg-Pedersen. WJK:2000.
- [HI:SDCFC] Social Distinctives of the Christians in the First Century: Pivotal Essays by EA Judge. Daveid Scholer (ed). Hendrickson:2008.
- [OT:WLMI] Wisdom Literature in Mesopotamia and Israel. Richard Clifford (ed). SBL:2007.
- [HI:RSSTT] Rewriting Scripture in Second Temple Times. Sidnie White Crawford. Eerdmans:2008.
- [HI:BTIT] Biblical Traditions in Transmission: Essays in Honour of Michael A Knibb. Charlotte Hempel and Judith Lieu (eds). Brill:2006.
- [NT:PW] Paul's World. Stanley Porter (ed). Brill:2008.
- [NT:PEP] Paul's Early Period: Chronology, Mission Strategy, Theology. Rainer Riesner. Eerdmans:1998.
- [HI:YAPF] You Are a Priest Forever—Second Temple Jewish Messianism and the Priestly Christology of the Epistle of the Hebrews. Eric Mason. Brill:2008.
- [HI:APMEC] Apocalypticism, Prophecy, and Magic in Early Christianity—Collected Essays. Dave E Aune. Baker:2006.
- [NT:AITSV] And I Turned to See the Voice: The Rhetoric of Vision in the New Testament. Edith Humphrey. Baker:2007.
- [NT:PC] Pauline Christology: An Exegetical-Theological Study. Gordon Fee. Hendrickson:2007.
- [PH:CWT1] Christianity and Western Thought: Volume 1, From the Ancient World to the Age of Enlightenment. Colin Brown. IVP:1990.
- [PH:FP2O] From Philo to Origen: Middle Platonism in Transition. Robert Berchman. SBL:1984.
- [PH:GPV] The Greek Philosophical Vocabulary. JO Urmson. Duckworth:1990.
- [PH:GPT] Greek Philosophical Terms: A Historical Lexicon. FE Peters. NYUpress:1967.
- [PH:PANTW] Philodemus and the New Testament World. John Fitzgerald, Dirk Obbink, and Glenn Holland (eds). Brill:2004.
- [HI:TUS] The Unknown Socrates. William Calder III, Bernard Huss, Marc Mastrangelo, Scott Smith, and Stephen Trzaskoma. BolchazyCarducci:2002.
- [HI:TSL] The Semitic Languages. Robert Hetzron (ed). Routledge:1997.
- [PH:THP1] The Hellenistic Philosophers, Volume 1: Translations of the Principal Sources, with Philosophical Commentary. AA Long and DN Sedley. CambridgeUP:1987.
- [PH:THP2] The Hellenistic Philosophers, Volume 2: Greek and Latin Texts with Notes and Bibliography. AA Long and DN Sedley. CambridgeUP:1987.
- [PH:NewEncyPH] Encyclopedia of Philosophy (2nd Ed, 10vols). Donald Borchert (ed). Macmillian:2006.
- [PH:TMP] The Middle Platonists: 80 BC to AD 220. John Dillon. Duckword:1996(RevEd).
- [BLOM2] The Historical Reliability of the Gospels (2nd Ed). Craig Blomberg. IVP:2007.
- [NT:TG2N] The Gospel to the Nations: Perspectives on Paul's Mission. Peter Bolt and Mark Thompson (eds). IVP/Apollos:2000.
- [HI:BG2P] A Brief Guide to Philo. Kenneth Schenck. WJK:2005.
- [NT:TCC] The Colossian Controversy: Wisdom in Dispute at Colossae. Richard DeMaris. SBL:1994.
- [NT:SITI] Sharing in the Inheritance: Identity and the Moral Life in Colossians. Allan Bevere. SBL:2003.
- [NT:TCS] The Colossian Syncretism: The Interface between Christianity and Folk Belief at Colossae. Clinton Arnold. Baker:1996.
- [OT:POU] A Primer on Ugaritic: Language, Culture, and Literature. William Schniedewind and Joel Hunt. CambridgeUP:2007.
- [HI:BOEC] Backgrounds of Early Christianity (3rd Ed). Everett Ferguson. Eerdmans:2003.
- [WR:IIDA] Islam in the Digital Age: E-Jihad, Online Fatwas and CyberIslamic Environments. Gary Bunt. Pluto:2003.
- [NT:JTMEE] Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes: Cultural Studies in the Gospels. Kenneth Bailey. IVP:2008.
- [WR:CISM] The Church in the Shadow of the Mosque: Christians and Muslims in the World of Islam. Sidney Griffith. PrincetonUP:2008.
- [WR:PTQ] The Prolegomena to the Quran. Al-Sayyid Abu al-Qasim al-Musawi al-Khui. Abdulaziz Aachedina (trans and intro). OxfordUP:1998.
- [HI:RNTAF] The Reception of the New Testament in the Apostolic Fathers. Andrew Gregory and Christopher Tuckett (eds). 2005.
- [HI:TTNT] Trajectories Through the New Testament and the Apostolic Fathers. Andrew Gregory and Christopher Tuckett (eds). OxfordUP:2005.
- [WR:AQUS] Abu Ubaid al-Qasim b Sallam's K al-nasikh wa-l-mansukh. John Burton (ed. And commentator). EJWGibbMemorialTrust:1987.
- [WR:IRDP] The Islamic Roots of Democratic Pluralism. Abdulaziz Sachedina. OxfordUP:2001.
- [WR:AEDQU] Arabic-English Dictionary of Quranic Usage. Elsaid Badawi and Muhammad Abdel Haleem. Brill:2008.
- [CS:TSB] The Spiritual Brain: A Neuroscientist's Case for the Existence of the Soul. Mario Beauregard and Denyse O'Leary. Harper:2007.
- [PH:PLIP] Putting Logic in its Place: Formal Constraints on Rational Belief. David Christensen. OxfordUP:2004.
- [PH:EOT] The Epistemology of Testimony. Jennifer Lackey and Ernest Soa (eds). OxfordUP:2006.
- [WR:FCTT] The Formation of the Classical Tafsir Tradition: The Quran Commentary of al-Thalabi. Walid Saleh. Brill:2004.
- [HI:HTRB] How to Read the Bible: A Guide to Scripture, Then and Now. James Kugel. FreePress:2007.
- [HI:IGSM1] The Influence of the Gospel of Saint Matthew on Christian Literature before Saint Irenaeus: Book 1 - The First Ecclesiastical Writers. Edouard Massaux with Norman Belval and Suzanne Hecht (trans). MercerUP:1990.
- [HI:IGSM2] The Influence of the Gospel of Saint Matthew on Christian Literature before Saint Irenaeus: Book 2 - The Later Christian Writings. Edouard Massaux with Norman Belval and Suzanne Hecht (trans). MercerUP:1990.
- [HI:IGSM3] The Influence of the Gospel of Saint Matthew on Christian Literature before Saint Irenaeus: Book 3 - The Apologists and the Didache. Edouard Massaux with Norman Belval and Suzanne Hecht (trans). MercerUP:1993.
- [HI:FJAA] Flavius Josephus, Translation and Commentary, Volume 10--Against Apion. Steve Mason (ed) and John MG Barclay (trans/comm). Brill:2007.
- [WR:CCQ] The Cambridge Companion to the Quran. Jane Dammen McAuliffe (ed). CambridgeUP:2006.
- [WR:EncycRPWLA] Encyclopedia of
Religious and Philosophical Writings in Late Antiquity: Pagan, Judaic,
Christian. Jacob Neusner and Alan Avery-Peck (chief eds). Brill:2007.
- [NT:CNTUOT] Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament. GK Beale and DA Carson (eds). Baker:2007.
- [HI:PolyPaul] Polycarp and Paul: An
Analysis of their Literary and Theological Relationship in Light of
Polycarp's Use of Biblical and Extra-Biblical Literature. Kenneth
- [WR:DESHC] The Development of Early Sunnite Hadith Criticism: The Taqdima of Ibn Abi Hatim al-Razi. Eerik Dickinson. Brill:2001.
- [WR:COTP] The Companions of the Prophet: A Study of Geographical Distribution and Political Alignments. Fuad Jabali. Brill:2003.
- [WR:HOZ3] A History of Zoroastrianism,
volume Three: Zoroastrianism under Macedonian and Roman Rule. Mary
Boyce and Frantz Grenet. Brill:1991.
- [WR:OIJ] The Origins of Islamic Jurisprudence: Meccan Fiqh before the Classical Schools. Harald Motzki. Brill:2002.
- [HI:KTABT] The Karaite Tradition of Arabic Bible Translation. Meira Polliack. Brill:1997.
- [WR:TAL] The Arabic Language. Kees Versteegh. EdinburghUP:2001.
- [WR:SAEEIS] Scripture and Exegesis in Early Imami Shiism. Meir M. Bar-Asher. Brill:1999.
- [HI:REAII] Roman Epic: An Interpretive Introduction. Michael Von Albrecht. Brill:1999.
- [WR:ALHA] A Linguistic History of Arabic. Jonathon Owens. OxfordUP:2006.
- [WR:QLP] Quran, Liberalism, and Pluralism. Farid Esack.OneWorld:1997.
- [WR:CAR] The Chreia and Ancient Rhetoric: Classroom Exercises. Ronald F Hock and Edward N O'Neill (trans/eds). Brill:2002.
- [HI:LEMT] Literacy, Education and Manuscript
Transmission in Byzantium and Beyond. Catherine Holmes and Judith
Waring (eds). Brill:2002.