I Plan to Finish Someday...
laid plans of mice and men.........are about equal."
are now sorted into a list of abbreviations
that I use in the CTT writings...hope it helps. I have
also begun filing previous years books in their own file--to shorten
file access times. I have all of
1999, 1998, 1997, 1996,
and most of 1995 books.
I have added a small Resources
Claims, as well--but somewhat out of date now.]
acquisitions...(and old "I brought them in from the garage"
are NOT uniformly cited in the
technically-correct fashion, but only to the extent needed to
identify/find them yourself.
- [WR:IR] Islam Revealed: A Christian Arab's View of Islam. Dr Anis Shorrosh. ThomasNelson:1988.
- [WR:AACR] Allah: A Christian Response. Miroslav Volf. HarperOne:2011.
- [WR:ACPEI] Anti-Christian Polemic in early Islam: Abu Isa al-Warraq's Against the Trinity. David Thomas (ed). CambridgeUP:1992.
- [WR:TCQ] A Thematic Commentary on the Quran. Shaykh Muhammad al-Ghazali and Ashur Shamis (trans) and Zaynab Alawiye (rev.ed). InternationInstituteIslamicThought:2000.
- [WR:HOQT] The History of the Quranic Text from Revelation to Compilation: A Comparative Study with the Old and New Testaments, 2nd edition. MM Al-Azami. AzamiPublishing:2008.
- [WR:MHQTE] The Meaning of the Holy Quran in Todays English, Extended Study Edition. Yahiya Emerick. CreateSpace:2010.
- [WR:AIA] Antiquity in Antiquity. Gregg Gardner and Kevin Osterloh (ed). MohrSiebeck:2008.
- [WR:TCQM] Textual Criticism and Quran Manuscripts. Keith Small. RowmanLittlefield:2011.
- [NT:JATG] Jesus and This Generation-A New Testament Study. Evald Lovestam. Almqvist&Wiksell:1995.
- [NT:JANT] The Jewish Annotated New Testament NRSV. Amy-Jill Levine and Marc Zvi Brettler (eds). OxfordUP:2011.
- [OT:DLMC] Daily Life, Materiality, and Complexity in Early Urban Communitie of the Southern Levant. Meredith Chesson (ed). Eisenbrauns:2011.
- [PH:SBM] Surprised by Meaning: Science, Faith, and How We Make Sense of Things. Alister McGrath. WJK:2011.
- [HI:RWBF] Rewritten Biblical Figures. Erkki Koskenniemi and Pekka Lindqvist (eds). Eisenbrauns:2010.
- [OT:TWI] The Wilderness Itineraries: Genre, Geography, and the Growth of Torah. Angela Roskop. Eisenbrauns:2011.
- [NT:RCNT] Revisiting the Corruption of the New Testament: Manuscript, Patristic, and Apocryphal Evidence. Daniel Wallace (ed). Kregel:2011.
- [WR:OEMIW] The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Modern Islamic World. John Esposito (ed). OUP:1995.
- [WR:Cragg] The Call of the Minaret, 3rd Ed. Kenneth Craig. OxfordOneWorld:2000.
- [TH:DNHT] The Divine Name(s) and the Holy Trinity, Volume 1--Distinguishing the Voices. R Kendall Soulen. WJK:2011.
- [WR:WICIL] Women in Classical Islamic Law: A Survey of the Sources. Susan Spectorsky. Brill:2012.
- [WR:POK] The Philosophy of the Kalam. Harry Austryn Wolfson. HarvardUP:1976.
- [WR:SEI] Shorter Encyclopedia of Islam. HAR Gibb and JH Kramers (eds). Brill-CornellUP:1965.
- [HI:CIA] Crucifixion in Antiquity: An Inquiry into the Background and Significance of the New Testament Terminology of Crucifixion. Gunnar Samuelsson. MohrSiebeck:2011.
- [HI:BEHBR] Blood Expiation in Hittite and Biblical Ritual: Origins, Context, and Meaning. Yitzhaq Feder. SBL:2011.
- [HI:CAP] Christ and Power. Martin Hengel and Everett Kalin (trans). Fortress:1977.
- [OT:AOU] The Akkadian of Ugarit. John Huehnergard. Eisenbrauns:2011.
- [WR:HTRQ] How to Read the Quran. Mona Siddiqui. WWNorton:2007.
- [WR:AGAS] Al-Ghazali and the Asharite School. RM Frank. DukeUP:1994.
- [WR:AGTQ] Al-Ghazali and the Quran: One Book, Many Meanings. Martin Whittingham. Routledge:2011.
- [WR:HIIT] A Historical Introduction to Islamic Theology: Muhammad and the Classical Period. Robert Caspar and Penelope Johnstone (trans). PISAI:1987/1998.
- [OT:RCRM] Reconsidering the Concept of Revolutionary Monotheism. Beate Pongratz-Leisten (ed). Eisenbrauns:2011.
- [OT:DAAERE] Did Adam and Eve Really Exist?--Who They Were and Why You Should Care. C John Collins. Crossway:2011.
- [NT:VAHAA] Visions and Healing in the Acts of the Apostles: How the Early Believers Experienced God. John J Pilch. LiturgicalPress:2004.
- [NT:SSJG] The Social Setting of Jesus and the Gospels. Wolfgang Stegeman, Bruce J Malina, and Gerd Theissen. Fortress:2002.
- [HI:MCG] Mesopotamian Cosmic Geography (2nd printing with corrections). Wayne Horowitz. Eisenbrauns:2011.
- [HI:APA] Atheism in Pagan Antiquity. A B Drachmann and Ingeborg Andersen (trans). DodoPress:2009.
- [HI:FETM] From Egypt to Mesopotamia: A Study of Predynastic Trade Routes. Samuel Mark. TexasAM:1997.
- [OT:CPLM] State Archives of Assyria, volume III: Court Poety and Literary Miscellanea. Alasdair Livingstone, HelsinkiUP:1989.
- [OT:OWAS] Of Wood and Stone: The Significance of Israelite Cultic Items in the Bible and its Early Interpreters. Elizabeth C LaRocca-Pitts. Eisenbrauns:2001.
- [HI:TGATHV] The Gospel According to Homer and Virgil: Cento and Canon. Karl Olav Sandnes. Brill:2011.
- [WR:FIH] The Formation of Islamic Hermeneutics: How Sunni Legal Theorists Imagined a Revealed Law. David R Vishanoff. AmerOrientalSoc:2011.
- [WR:IPT] Islamic Philosophy and Theology. W Montgomery Watt. TransactionPubs:1962.
- [HI:LEHRW] Literate Education in the Hellenistic and Roman Worlds. Teresa Morgan. CambridgeUP:1998.
- [HI:PGT] Progymnasmata: Greek Textbooks of Prose Composition and Rhetoric. George A Kennedy (trans and intro). SBL:2003.
- [WR:ITTR] Islamic Theology: Traditionalism and Rationalism. Binyamin Abrahamov. EdinburghUP:1998.
- [WR:DORII] Defenders of Reason in Islam: Mutazilism from Medieval School to Modern Symbol. Richard C Martin and Mark R Woodward with Dwi S Atmaja. Oneworld:1997.
- [HI:PSR] The Prehistory of the Silk Road. E E Kuzmina , Victor H Mair (ed). UPenn:2008.
- [OT:THW] The Heavenly Writing: Divination, Horoscopy, and Astronomy in Mesopotamian Culture. Francesca Rochberg. CambridgeUP:2004.
- [HI:EBTO] Europe Between the Oceans--Themes and Variations 9000 BC to AD 1000. Barry Cunliffe. YaleUP:2008.
- [HI:PAL] Papers on Ancient Literatures: Greece, Rome and the Near East. Ettore Cingano and Lucio Milano (eds). SARGONeditriceElibreria:2008.
- [HI:VL] Visible Language: Inventions of Writing in the Ancient Middle East and Beyond. Christopher Woods (ed). OrientalInstitute:2010.
- [OT:WOTWOS] Word of Tree and Whisper of Stone and Other Papers on Ugaritian Thought. N Wyatt. Gorgias:2007.
- [HI:FFH2] The First Fossil Hunters--Dinosaurs, Mammoths, and Myth in Greek and Roman Times. Adrienne Mayor:2011.
- [HI:MMPAS] Making Mockery: The Poetics and Ancient Satire. Ralph M Rosen. OxfordUP:2007.
- [HI:RS] Roman Satire. Michael Coffey. BristolClassicalPress:1989.
- [HI:ACTS] A Companion to Satire--Ancient and Modern. Ruben Quntero (ed). Blackwell:2007.
- [HI:TCOH] The Challenge of Homer: School, Pagan Poets and Early Christianity. Karl Olav Sandnes. TTClark:2009.
- [HI:MAMEW] Mystical and Mythological Explanatory Works of Assyrian and Babylonian Scholars. Alasdair Livingstone. Eisenbrauns:2007.
- [WR:GMS1] The Gilgit Manuscript of the Sanghabhedavastu, Part 1. Raniero Gnoli (ed). IsMEO:1977.
- [WR:GMS2] The Gilgit Manuscript of the Sanghabhedavastu, Part 2. Raniero Gnoli (ed). IsMEO:1978.
- [NS:LAD] Life After Death: The Evidence. Dinesh D'Souza. RegneryPub:2009.
- [WR:IIHHOJ] In Ishmael's House: A History of the Jews in Muslim Lands. Martin Gilbert. YaleUP:2010.
- [TH:RH] Razing Hell: Rethinking Everything You've Been Taught about God's Wrath and Judgment. Sharon Baker. WJKP:2010.
- [WR:NOTECQ] Narratives of Tampering in the Earliest Commentaries on the Quran. Gordon Nickel. Brill:2011.
- [HI:SPART] Scribal Practices and Approaches Reflected in the Texts Found in the Judean Desert. Emanuel Tov. BrillSBL:2004.
- [HI:OAO] Orient and Occident: Essays presented to Cyrus H Gordon on the Occasion of his Sixty-fifth Birthday. Harry Hoffner Jr (ed). NeukrchenerVerlag:1973.
- [OT:2NDIS] The Second
Isaiah--Introduction, Translation and Commentary to Chapters XL-LV.
Christopher R North. WipfNStock:1964.
- [HI:ICON] ICON--Studies in the History of
an Idea. Moshe Barasch. NewYorkUP:1992.
- [CS:NPAR] Neuroscience, Psychology and
Religion: Illusions, Delusions, and Realities about Human Nature.
Malcolm Jeeves and Warren S Brown. Templeton:2009.
- [CS:NAR] Neuroscience and Religion: Brain,
Mind, Self, and Soul. Volney P Gay (ed).
- [WS:HICMM] How I Changed My Mind about
Women in Leadership: Compelling Stories from Prominent Evangelicals.
Alan F Johnson (ed). Zondervan:2010.
- [OT:IGAMM] Is God a Moral
Monster--Making Sense of the Old Testament God. Paul Copan. Baker:2011.
- [HI:BIHMOE] Born in Heaven, Made on
Earth: The Making of the Cult Image in the Ancient Near East. Michael B
Dick (ed). Eisenbrauns:1999.
- [OT:IOT2] An Introduction to the Old
Testement, Revised Edition. Tremper Longman III and Raymond B Dillard.
- [HI:HI] Holy Images: An Inquiry into
Idolary and Image-Worship in Ancient Paganism and in Christianity.
Edwyn Bevan. GeorgeAllenUnwin:1940.
- [WR:PICR] Patterns in Comparative
Religion. Mircea Eliade and Rosemary Sheed (trans). UNebraskaP:1948.
- [HI:RAWIB] Reading and Writing in
Babylon. Dominique Charpin and Jane Marie Todd (trans). HarvardUP:2010.
- [WR:PHAGRB] Pyrrhonism: How the Ancient
Greeks Reinvented Buddhism. Adrian Kuzminski.
- [NT:JTT] Jesus the Temple. Nicholas
- [NT:MOJ] Memories of Jesus: A Critical
Appraisal of James D G Dunn's Jesus Remembered. Robert Stewart and Gary
Habermas (eds). BHAcademic:2010.
- [HI:ROJ] The Resurrection of Jesus: A New
Historiographical Approach. Michael R Licona. IVPacademic:2010.
- [NT:CJ] Constructing Jesus: Memory,
Imagination, and History. Dale Allison Jr. Baker:2010.
- [HI:WTGWB] When the Gods Were Born:
Greek Cosmogonies and the Near East. Carolina Lopez-Ruiz.
- [HI:TAEEAM] The Ancient Economy:
Evidence and Models. JG Manning and Ian Morris (eds). StanfordUP:2005.
- [TH:THFOG] The Human Faces of God: What
Scripture Reveals When It Gets God Wrong--and Why Inerrancy Tries to
Hide It. Thom Stark. WipfNStock:2011.
- [HI:EWIGRE] Everyday Writing in the
Graeco-Roman East. Roger S Bagnall. UChicagoPress:2011.
- [HI:RARCHRE] Readers and Reading
Culture in the High Roman Empire: A Study of Elite Communities. William
A Johnson. OxfordUP:2010.
- [OT:IAKOLI] Israel-Ancient Kingdom or Late
Invention? Daniel L Block (ed). BnHacademic:2008.
- [WR:TEOB] The Experience of Buddhism:
Sources and Interpretations, 3rd ed. John S Strong.
- [WR:IBW] Indian Buddhism, 3rd ed. A K
- [WR:CGL] A Code of Gentoo Laws, or,
ordinations of the pundits--From a Persia translation, made from the
original, written in the Shanscrit language. Nathaniel Halbed (trans).
- [TH:SAUBOC] Sex and Uncertainty in the
Body of Christ: Intersex Conditions and Christian Theology. Susannah
- [HI:TASFOT2] The Ancient Synagogue
from its Origins to 200 CE: A Source Book. Anders Runesson, Donald
Binder, and Birger Olssson. Brill:2010.
- [DSST2] The Dead Sea Scrolls Today, 2nd ed.
James C VanderKam. Eerdmans:2010.
- [NS:ICA] Introducing Cultural
Anthropology: A Christian Perspective. Brian M Howell and Jenell
Williams Paris. BakerAcademic:2011.
- [WR:IBSBN] Indian Buddhism: A Survey
with Bibliographical Notes. Hajime Nakamura. MotilalBanarsidass:1980.